Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Hematology/Oncology Clinics
- Lilienfeld's Foundations of Epidemiology.in: Schneider D. Lilienfeld D.E. 4th edition. Oxford University Press, 2015
- The rate of mutation of human genes.Hereditas. 1949; 35: 267-273
- Thalassaemia and malaria, revisited.Ann Trop Med Parasitol. 1997; 91: 885-890
- Global epidemiology of haemoglobin disorders and derived service indicators.Bull World Health Organ. 2008; 86: 480-487
IthaMaps – IthaNet, Available at: https://www.ithanet.eu. Accessed October 26, 2022. ithamaps.
- Uses of epidemiology in the development of health policy.Public Health Rep. 1984; 99: 233-236
- Thalassaemia.Lancet. 2018; 391: 155-167
- Thalassaemia registries: a call for action. a position statement from the Thalassaemia International Federation.Hemoglobin. 2022; 46: 225-232
- International comparison of thalassemia registries: challenges and opportunities.Acta Inform Med. 2019; 27: 58-63
- From epidemiologic knowledge to improved health: a vision for translational epidemiology.Am J Epidemiol. 2019; 188: 2049-2060
- Laboratory diagnosis of thalassemia.Int J Lab Hematol. 2016; 1: 32-40
- Thalassaemia, glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency, sickling and malaria endemicity in greece: a study in five areas.Br Med J. 1964; 1: 875-879
- The importance of micromapping the gene frequencies for the common inherited disorders of haemoglobin.Br J Haematol. 2010; 49: 635-637
- The changing profile of consanguinity rates in Bahrain, 1990-2009.J Biosoc Sci. 2012; 44: 313-319
- Consanguineous marriages in Jordan: why is the rate changing with time?.Clin Genet. 2005; 67: 511-516
- Molecular and geographical heterogeneity of hemoglobinopathy mutations in Azerbaijanian populations.Ann Hum Genet. 2020; 84: 249-258
- Rasprostranenie nasledstvennykh gemoglobinopatiĭ v Azerbaĭdzhanie [Incidence of hereditary hemoglobinopathies in Azerbaijan].Probl Gematol Pereliv Krovi. 1981; 26: 12-16
- Thalasaemia preventionin Azerbaijan: what have we achieved so far. Abstract of the IXth International Eurasian Hematology Oncology Congresss.Leuk Res. 2018; 73S1: S1-S570
Available at: https://discovery.ucl.ac.uk/1532179/27/TA05-Hb-Disorders-WHO-2017-04.xlsx. TA05. Accessed November 2, 2022.
- Distribution of hemoglobinopathy disorders in Saudi Arabia based on data from the premarital screening and genetic counseling program, 2011-2015.J Epidemiol Glob Health. 2018; : S41-S47
- Premarital screening for thalassemia and sickle cell disease in Saudi Arabia.Genet Med. 2007; 9: 372-377
- Hemoglobinopathy: molecular epidemiological characteristics and health effects on Hakka people in the Meizhou region, southern China.PLoS One. 2013; 8: e55024
- Molecular analysis of hemoglobinopathies in a large ethnic Hakka population in southern China.Medicine (Baltimore). 2018; 97: e13034
- Prevalence and genetic analysis of α- and β-thalassemia in Baise region, a multi-ethnic region in southern China.Gene. 2017; 619: 71-75
- Current status of thalassemia in minority populations in Guangxi, China.Clin Genet. 2007; 71: 419-426
- Update in Laboratory Diagnosis of Thalassemia.Front Mol Biosci. 2020; 7: 74
Chen Ping, Guangxi Key Laboratory of Thalassemia Research, Guangxi Medical University, Nanning. Presentation at the 2012 TIF Pan-Asian Conference
- [Thalassemia screening in 4976 pairs rural couples of child bearing age in Nanning Guangxi and follow-up of high-risk pregnant women].Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi. 2009; 30 (Chinese): 311-312
- A National Registry of Thalassemia in Turkey: Demographic and Disease Characteristics of Patients, Achievements, and Challenges in Prevention.Turk J Haematol. 2018; 35: 12-18
- A nationwide survey of hospital- based thalassemia patients and standards of care and a preliminary assessment of the national prevention program in Sri Lanka.PLoS One. 2019; 14: e0220852
- Che Mohd Razali CH, Din ND, Abdul Latiff Z, Jamal R, Mohamad N, Mohd Ariffin H, Alias H. Observational study on the current status of thalassaemia in Malaysia: a report from the Malaysian Thalassaemia Registry.BMJ Open. 2020; 10: e037974
- SEHOP- Hemoglobinopathies Study Group (Sociedad Española de Hematología y Oncología Pediátricas). National registry of hemoglobinopathies in Spain (REPHem).Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2017; 64https://doi.org/10.1002/pbc.26322
- Survival and complication rates in patients with thalassemia major in Taiwan.Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2017; 64: 135-138
Agouti I, Thuret I, Bernit E, et al. Data from the French registry for beta- thalassemia patients, EHA Learn Cent Badens C, 2019, 266587. Available at: https://library.ehaweb.org/eha/2019/24th/266587/catherine.badens.data.from.the.french.registry.for.beta-thalassemia.patients.html. Accessed October 2022.
- The survival rate of patients with beta-thalassemia major and intermedia and its trends in recent years in Iran.Epidemiol Health. 2018; 40: e2018048
- Changing patterns of thalassaemia in Italy: a WebThal perspective.Blood Transfus. 2020; https://doi.org/10.2450/2020.0143-20
Paul Telfer, Petros Kountouris, Soteroula Christou, Michael Hadjigavriel, Maria Sitarou, Anita Kolnagou, Marina Kleanthous. Changing causes of mortality in TDT during the era of oral chelation therapy from 2000 to 2018, EHA Learn Cent, 2019, 266584. Available at: https://library.ehaweb.org/eha/2019/24th/266587/catherine.badens.data.from.the.french.registry.for.beta-thalassemia.patients.html. Accessed October 2022.
- National registry of hemoglobinopathies in Greece: updated demographics, current trends in affected births, and causes of mortality.Ann Hematol. 2019; 98: 55-66
World Development Report 1993: Investing in Health, Available at: https://openknowledge.worldbank.org/handle/10986/5976. World bank. Accessed November 2, 2022.
- GBD 2019 Diseases and Injuries Collaborators. Global burden of 369 diseases and injuries in 204 countries and territories, 1990-2019: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2019.Lancet. 2020 Oct 17; 396 ([Erratum in: Lancet. 2020 Nov 14;396(10262):1562]): 1204-1222
- Survival in a large cohort of Greek patients with transfusion- dependent beta thalassaemia and mortality ratios compared to the general population.Eur J Haematol. 2011 Apr; 86: 332-338