Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Hematology/Oncology Clinics
Available at: https://globin.bx.psu.edu/hbvar/menu.html. Accessed September 19, 2022.
Origa R., Beta-thalassemia, In: Adam M.P., Everman D.B., Mirzaa G.M., et al., GeneReviews® [Internet], 2000, University of Washington, Seattle; Seattle (WA). p. 1993–2022. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK1426/.
- Beta-thalassaemia intermedia: is it possible consistently to predict phenotype from genotype?.Br J Haematol. 1998; 100: 70-78
- Beta-thalassemia.Orphanet J Rare Dis. 2010; 5: 11
- Thalassemia: A Disorder of Globin Synthesis.in: Kaushansky K. Prchal J.T. Burns L.J. Williams Hematology. 10 edtion. McGraw Hill, 2021
- Phenotype-genotype relationships in monogenic disease: lessons from the thalassaemias.Nat Rev Genet. 2001; 2: 245-255
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Association of Public Health Laboratories. Hemoglobinopathies: current practices for screening, confirmation and follow-up. 2015. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/sicklecell/documents/nbs_hemoglobinopathy-testing_122015.pdf. Accessed November 1, 2022.
- Variability in State-Based Recommendations for Management of Alpha Thalassemia Trait and Silent Carrier Detected on the Newborn Screen.J Pediatr. 2018; 195: 283-287
- Optimal strategies for carrier screening and prenatal diagnosis of α- and β-thalassemia.Hematol Am Soc Hematol Educ Program. 2021; 2021: 607-613
- Hemoglobinopathies in pregnancy.Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am. 2004; 31: 287-vi
- ACOG Practice Bulletin No. 78: hemoglobinopathies in pregnancy.Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 109: 229-237
- Newborn Screening Practices for Beta-Thalassemia in the United States.Int J Neonatal Screen. 2021; 7: 83
- Update in the genetics of thalassemia: What clinicians need to know.Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2017; 39: 3-15
- Thalassaemia in pregnancy.Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2012; 26: 37-51
- Newborn screening for hemoglobin disorders.Hemoglobin. 2011; 35: 556-564
- History and current status of newborn screening for hemoglobinopathies.Semin Perinatol. 2010; 34: 134-144
- Screening for anemia in children: AAP recommendations--a critique.Pediatrics. 2001; 108: E56
- Thalassaemia.Lancet. 2018; 391: 155-167
- Newborn screening for non-sickling hemoglobinopathies.Hematol Am Soc Hematol Educ Program. 2009; : 19-25https://doi.org/10.1182/asheducation-2009.1.19
- Prenatal diagnosis and screening of the haemoglobinopathies.Baillieres Clin Haematol. 1998; 11: 215-238
- The prevention of thalassemia.Cold Spring Harb Perspect Med. 2013; 3: a011775
- Prenatal diagnosis of sickle cell anaemia and thalassaemia by analysis of fetal cells in maternal blood.Nat Genet. 1996; 14: 264-268
- Birth of healthy children after preimplantation diagnosis of thalassemias.J Assist Reprod Genet. 1999; 16: 207-211
- Detection of circulating fetal nucleic acids: a review of methods and applications.J Clin Pathol. 2009; 62: 308-313
- Clinical Classification, Screening and Diagnosis for Thalassemia.Hematol Oncol Clin North Am. 2018; 32: 193-211
- The heterogeneity of normal Hb A2-beta thalassaemia in Greece.Br J Haematol. 1979; 42: 109-123
- The silent carrier of beta thalassemia.N Engl J Med. 1969; 281: 1327-1333
- Silent carrier beta-thalassaemia due to a severe beta-globin mutation interacting with other genetic elements.Eur J Pediatr. 1993; 152: 574-576
- Dominant beta thalassaemia: molecular basis and pathophysiology.Br J Haematol. 1992; 80: 273-277
- Discriminant indices for distinguishing thalassemia and iron deficiency in patients with microcytic anemia: a meta-analysis.Clin Chem Lab Med. 2015; 53: 1883-1894
The authors have no conflicts or commercial interests to disclose related to this work.