Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Hematology/Oncology Clinics
- Twenty-five-year follow-up of a randomized trial comparing radical mastectomy, total mastectomy, and total mastectomy followed by irradiation.N Engl J Med. 2002; 347: 567-575
- Regional nodal irradiation in early-stage breast cancer.N Engl J Med. 2015; 373: 307-316
- Internal mammary and medial supraclavicular irradiation in breast cancer.N Engl J Med. 2015; 373: 317-327
- Lumpectomy plus tamoxifen with or without irradiation in women age 70 years or older with early breast cancer: long-term follow-up of CALGB 9343.J Clin Oncol. 2013; 31: 2382-2387
- Accelerated partial breast irradiation consensus statement from the American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO).Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2009; 74: 987-1001
- Radiation therapy risk factors for development of lymphedema in patients treated with regional lymph node irradiation for breast cancer.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2015; 91: 760-764
- Sentinel-lymph-node resection compared with conventional axillary-lymph-node dissection in clinically node-negative patients with breast cancer: overall survival findings from the NSABP B-32randomised phase 3 trial.Lancet Oncol. 2010; 11: 927-933
- Axillary dissection vs no axillary dissection in women with invasive breast cancer and sentinel node metastasis: a randomized clinical trial.JAMA. 2011; 305: 569-575
- Effect of axillary dissection vs no axillary dissection on 10-year overall survival among women with invasive breast cancer and sentinel node metastasis: the ACOSOG Z0011 (Alliance) randomized clinical trial.JAMA. 2017; 318: 918-926
- International Breast Cancer Study Group Trial 23-01. Axillary dissection versus no axillary dissection in patients with breast cancer and sentinel-node micrometastases (IBCSG 23-01): 10-year follow-up of a randomised, controlled phase 3 trial.Lancet Oncol. 2018; 19: 1385-1393
Rutgers EJ, Donker M, Poncet C, et al. Radiotherapy or surgery of the axilla after a positive sentinel node in breast cancer patients: 10 year follow up results of the EORTC AMAROS trial (EORTC 10981/22023). San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium. 2018. Abstract. December 4, 2018.
- Axillary dissection and nodal irradiation can be avoided for most node-positive Z0011-eligible breast cancers: a prospective validation study of 793 patients.Ann Surg. 2017; 266: 457-462
- Eight-year follow up result of the OTOASOR trial: the optimal treatment of the axilla – surgery or radiotherapy after positive sentinel lymph node biopsy in early-stage breast cancer: a randomized single centre, phase III, non-inferiority trial.Eur J Surg Oncol. 2017; 43: 672-679
- Trade-offs associated with axillary lymph node dissection with breast irradiation versus breast irradiation alone in patients with a positive sentinel node in relation to the risk of non-sentinel node involvement: implications of ACOSOG Z0011.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2013; 138: 205-213
- The impact of radiation therapy on the risk of lymphedema after treatment for breast cancer: a prospective cohort study.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2014; 88: 565-571
- Radiation field design in the ACOSOG Z0011 (Alliance) trial.J Clin Oncol. 2014; 32: 3600-3606
Poortmans P, Collette S, Struikmans H, et al. Fifteen-year results of the randomised EORTC trial 22922/10925 investigating internal mammary and medial supraclavicular (IM-MS) lymph node irradiation in stage I-III breast cancer. Abstract. American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting. December 4, 2018.
- Ten-year survival results of a randomized trial of irradiation of internal mammary nodes after mastectomy.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2013; 86: 860-866
- DBCG-IMN: a population-based cohort study on the effect of internal mammary node irradiation in early node-positive breast cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2016; 34: 314-320
- Effect of addition of adjuvant paclitaxel on radiotherapy delivery and locoregional control of node-positive breast cancer: cancer and leukemia group B 9344.J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23: 30-40
- Prognosis after ipsilateral breast tumor recurrence and locoregional recurrences in patients treated by breast-conserving therapy in five National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project protocols of node-negative breast cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2009; 27: 2466-2473
- Trastuzumab emtansine for residual invasive her2-positive breast cancer.N Engl J Med. 2019; 380: 617-628
- Trastuzumab plus adjuvant chemotherapy for operable HER2-positive breast cancer.N Engl J Med. 2005; 353: 1673-1684
- Estrogen receptor, progesterone receptor, HER-2, and response to postmastectomy radiotherapy in high-risk breast cancer: the Danish Breast Cancer Cooperative Group.J Clin Oncol. 2008; 26: 1419-1426
Woodward WA, Barlow WE, R. Jagsi R, et al. The 21-gene recurrence score and locoregional recurrence rates in patients with node-positive breast cancer treated on SWOG S8814. [Abstract]. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2016;96(2, Supplement):S146.
- 21-gene recurrence score and locoregional recurrence in node-positive/ER-positive breast cancer treated with chemo-endocrine therapy.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2017; 109https://doi.org/10.1093/jnci/djw259
- Factors predicting the use of breast-conserving therapy in stage I and II breast carcinoma.J Clin Oncol. 2001; 19: 2254-2262
- Long-term results of hypofractionated radiation therapy for breast cancer.N Engl J Med. 2010; 362: 513-520
- The UK Standardisation of Breast Radiotherapy (START) trials of radiotherapy hypofractionation for treatment of early breast cancer: 10-year follow-up results of two randomised controlled trials.Lancet Oncol. 2013; 14: 1086-1094
- Conservative surgery without radiotherapy in the treatment of patients with early-stage invasive breast cancer. A review.Ann Surg. 1995; 222: 9
- Results of re-excisional biopsy of the primary tumor in preparation for definitive irradiation of patients with early stage breast cancer.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1986; 12: 721-725
- The presence of an extensive intraductal component following a limited excision correlates with prominent residual disease in the remainder of the breast.J Clin Oncol. 1990; 8: 113-118
- Irradiation of the tumor bed alone after lumpectomy in selected patients with early-stage breast cancer treated with breast conserving therapy.J Surg Oncol. 1999; 70: 33-40
- Long-term results of wide-field brachytherapy as the sole method of radiation therapy after segmental mastectomy for Tis, 1, 2 breast cancer.Am J Surg. 2000; 180: 299-304
- Iridium implant treatment without external radiotherapy for operable breast cancer: a pilot study.Eur J Cancer Clin Oncol. 1991; 27: 447-450
- Risk-adapted targeted intraoperative radiotherapy versus whole-breast radiotherapy for breast cancer: 5-year results for local control and overall survival from the TARGIT-A randomised trial.Lancet. 2014; 383: 603-613
Formenti SC. External-beam partial-breast irradiation. Paper presented at: Seminars in radiation oncology. 2005. December 4, 2018.
Vicini F. Primary results of NSABP B-39/RTOG 0413 (NRG Oncology): a randomized phase III study of conventional whole breast irradiation (WBI) versus partial breast irradiation (PBI) for women with stage 0, I, or II breast cancer. SABCS 2018. San Antonio, TX, December 4, 2018.
Whelan T, Julian J, Levine M, et al. RAPID: a randomized trial of accelerated partial breast irradiation using 3-dimensional conformal radiotherapy (3D-CRT). SABCS 2018. San Antonio, TX, December 4, 2018.
- Partial-breast radiotherapy after breast conservation surgery for patients with early breast cancer (UK IMPORT LOW trial): 5-year results from a multicentre, randomised, controlled, phase 3, non-inferiority trial.Lancet. 2017; 390: 1048-1060
- Daily fractionation of external beam accelerated partial breast irradiation to 40 Gy is well tolerated and locally effective.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2019; 104: 859-866
- Accelerated partial breast irradiation: executive summary for the update of an ASTRO evidence-based consensus statement.Pract Radiat Oncol. 2017; 7: 73-79
- Twenty-year follow-up of a randomized trial comparing total mastectomy, lumpectomy, and lumpectomy plus irradiation for the treatment of invasive breast cancer.N Engl J Med. 2002; 347: 1233-1241
- Tamoxifen with or without breast irradiation in women 50 years of age or older with early breast cancer.N Engl J Med. 2004; 351: 963-970
- Effect of radiotherapy after breast-conserving surgery on 10-year recurrence and 15-year breast cancer death: meta-analysis of individual patient data for 10,801 women in 17 randomised trials.Lancet. 2011; 378: 1707-1716
- A prospective study of conservative surgery alone in the treatment of selected patients with stage I breast cancer.Cancer. 1996; 77: 1094-1100
- A prospective study of conservative surgery without radiation therapy in select patients with Stage I breast cancer.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2006; 65: 1149-1154
- Radiotherapy after segmental resection of breast cancer with favorable prognostic features: 12-year follow-up results of a randomized trial.J Clin Oncol. 2009; 27: 927-932
- Radiation therapy and tamoxifen after breast-conserving surgery: updated results of a 2 x 2 randomised clinical trial in patients with low risk of recurrence.Eur J Cancer. 2010; 46: 95-101
- Radiotherapy after breast-conserving surgery in small breast carcinoma: long-term results of a randomized trial.Ann Oncol. 2001; 12: 997-1003
- Lumpectomy plus tamoxifen with or without irradiation in women 70 years of age or older with early breast cancer.N Engl J Med. 2004; 351: 971-977
- Age, breast cancer subtype approximation, and local recurrence after breast-conserving therapy.J Clin Oncol. 2011; 29: 3885-3891
- Local recurrence after breast-conserving surgery: multivariable analysis of risk factors and the impact of young age.Ann Surg Oncol. 2012; 19: 1153-1159
- Local recurrence in women with stage I breast cancer: declining rates over time in a large, population-based cohort.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2014; 88: 80-86
- Identification of patients at very low risk of local recurrence after breast-conserving surgery.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2014; 89: 556-562
- Molecular portraits of human breast tumours.Nature. 2000; 406: 747-752
- Gene expression patterns of breast carcinomas distinguish tumor subclasses with clinical implications.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001; 98: 10869-10874
- Repeated observation of breast tumor subtypes in independent gene expression data sets.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003; 100: 8418-8423
- Concordance among gene-expression-based predictors for breast cancer.N Engl J Med. 2006; 355: 560-569
- Breast cancer subtype approximated by estrogen receptor, progesterone receptor, and HER-2 is associated with local and distant recurrence after breast-conserving therapy.J Clin Oncol. 2008; 26: 2373-2378
- Breast cancer subtypes and the risk of local and regional relapse.J Clin Oncol. 2010; 28: 1684-1691
- Comparison of PAM50 risk of recurrence score with oncotype DX and IHC4 for predicting risk of distant recurrence after endocrine therapy.J Clin Oncol. 2013; 31: 2783-2790
- Predicting distant recurrence in receptor-positive breast cancer patients with limited clinicopathological risk: using the PAM50 Risk of Recurrence score in 1478 postmenopausal patients of the ABCSG-8 trial treated with adjuvant endocrine therapy alone.Ann Oncol. 2014; 25: 339-345
- The PAM50 risk-of-recurrence score predicts risk for late distant recurrence after endocrine therapy in postmenopausal women with endocrine-responsive early breast cancer.Clin Cancer Res. 2014; 20: 1298-1305
Disclosure: L.Z. Braunstein has received support from the American Society of Clinical Oncology, the Lois Green TNBC Fund, and the MSKCC Imaging and Radiation Sciences Program. J.R. Bellon receives honorarium from UpToDate; Wolters Kluwer; The International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, and Physics; Leidos Pharmaceuticals; Accuray; and research funding from Prosigna.